Sorts of hosting services
A hosting solution refers to stockpiling and/or sharing specific web content on a web hosting server managed by a hosting provider. There are various types of hosting services used for different aims, so let's have a glimpse at them. Thus, you can choose what you need, on the basis of whether you desire to create a weblog, e-mail addresses, or to share files with friends and partners.
- File hosting: a service furnished by given companies, which enables you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived files, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its only aim is to share files, since it does not offer site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey an index of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free file storage services often involve adverts next to the download links, while a timer compels you to await a specific interval of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you get a paid file hosting package, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limitation with regard to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the help of the cPanel hosting retailers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is an entirely unsuitable explanation of the literal connotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would divide the workload between individual sets of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending miscellaneous site hosting services (email, disk storage, stats, DNS, databases, website hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting service is just a type of a storage space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; specific vendors provide a hosting solution for images exclusively. This hosting type is appropriate if you want to share a great number of images with chums or acquaintances since the service is generally free of cost. You will obtain a random link for every pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a service committed to managing your e-mail box accounts. Some firms provide web hosting services for web sites, but do not offer an email service. If you want to set up a mail address with your domain name but do not wish to keep a site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you require. You can create email box accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to some video file, or you can embed the video clip in your web site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of utilizing this approach in lieu of uploading the video clip in a hosting account is that the video file generates a particular amount of central processing unit load, so with a bunch of video clips and several hundred site visitors, you may have trouble with your hosting reserves. Embedding the video will allow you to administer as many videos as you would like without bothering about system quotas.
- Web page hosting: this is the solution that you need if you wish to keep a website. To some extent, it comprises all of the aforementioned hosting kinds since, along with your websites, you can also host pics and files, you can have databases and emails, upload video clips, etc. At IRCMRU Hosting, for example, you can view web hosting and dedicated server hosting accounts that allow you to get all of the abovementioned services in one single location. There may be restrictions depending on the form of hosting solution that you've picked - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your webspace hosting package may be better or worse compared to the customary e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are made for particular content only.